The Chair: Progress 1

Here is the latest progress on the chair. 
The red is the model for the legs, and the purple is the model for the cross-braces that run between the legs. 

I decided to make some concessions in my model, mostly for the sake of creating a logical, usable model. Instead of trying to get the absolute exact measurement from each curve, I am opting instead to grab what I believe to be the original measurement that would have been on the plan. example: this measurement.
is not very usable in the real world, no carpenter would use something this exact on an object this large. But this measurement
is perfectly fine. and easy to use with almost any tool. So rather than use crazy fractions, or work in decimals that are useless to anyone who would actually manufacture this, I have decided to simply find the measurements someone would have originally used to make this. aside from making finding measurements really easy, this also means that if I wanted to, I could actually make plans from this model and recreate the original object. 

Along with this decision, there is another regarding identical objects. there are roughly 26 shapes in this chair that share near identical measurements with others. so rather than render each individual shape, I am just going to copy some of them. this isn't to be lazy, again these shapes only vary because of human error, which means that the original measurements where likely the same across the entire design. I really just don't want to work overly hard to replicate mistakes, or minute variations. 

Alright, back to work, see ya. 

Comments

Popular Posts