Thingiverse Mashups

Here are my mashups from Thingiverse. I will be honest, I got really hung up on the whole lady Liberty idea, mostly because you can remix her with almost anything. After a few though I tried to start coming up with other ideas, mostly because I was really tired of seeing the same thing over and over. so I tried to branch out as much as possible. and I really wanted to remix that might actually mean something to someone.  hope you enjoy.
"Lady Liberty is A-Okay"
two vehicles unified that travel in two entirely different directions. its really simple and pretty much looks like some awful toy, but I enjoy its simple nonsense.
I liked the toy plane eagle because both objects achieve the same task but one does so organically and the other does so mechanically.
This was the first of my mashups. and right where I realized you could really easily make one just by changing what was in lady liberty's hand, and it would also immediately mean something. like " lady liberty is offering you flowers."
same deal, "Lady Liberty rocks out" would be the idea. found a different Lady Liberty after the first one because it both loaded faster and it looked better.
This is a low poly Cats head on the body of a low poly chihuahua. I think this was my second mashup in order of completion. it just really made sense to put the two together, they're pretty stereotyped as contrasting figures in culture.
I mashed a camel with a soldier because of the way the soldiers discipline standing at attention contrasted really nicely with the lax nature of the camel.
I like the C-3PO one because he is also well versed in language, which I feel would be handy for welcoming newcomers to the United States.
 This one actually required some work because, oddly enough, thingiverse doesn't have a model of a cigarette so I had to make one. I thought it would be interesting to put a coke bottle at the end of a cigarette because recently what we eat has seemingly become the new smoking in a way. people are rapidly becoming more and more aware of what their food is and where it comes form, and how that affects them.

I wanted to mix a pit droid with this chicken mostly because I just liked it aesthetically. and the droid itself is a really simple shape. and the idea of placing fiction within reality is always enjoyable.

Comments

Popular Posts